Kanaani Secondary School
Location: Athi River Township, Athi River District, Machakos County
Amara started construction of the school in 2013, because the secondary students were being hosted by the primary school, whose student population was also on the rise. Due to this the students were squeezed in classrooms and were not in conducive learning environment.
Student population has grown from 60 in 2013 to 400 in 2021
Amara's contributions include:
- 5 new classrooms, 1 laboratory and a store room in partnership with MZ & KZ Shah Foundation
- 1 home science block in 2017, kindly donated by MZ & KZ Shah Foundation, in order to facilitate the expectation of the school becoming a girls school in 2018
- Donated a water tank, introduced a vegetable garden with drip irrigation and students undertook an agriculture training program at Plant Raisers in Isinya.
- Donation of library books in partnership with Desai Memorial Foundation
- Regular donations of sanitary pads.
- Donations of assorted reference, story books and furniture.
- Started Karate workshop since May 2018