Kanaani Secondary School
Location: Athi River Township, Athi River District, Machakos County
Amara started construction of the school in 2013, because the secondary students were being hosted by the primary school, whose student population was also on the rise. Due to this the students were squeezed in classrooms and were not in conducive learning environment.
Student population has grown from 60 in 2013 to 400 in 2017
Amara's contributions include:
- 5 new classrooms, 1 laboratory and a store room.
- 1 home science block in 2017, in order to facilitate the expectation of the school becoming a girls school in 2018.
- Donated a water tank, introduced a vegetable garden with drip irrigation and students undertook an agriculture training program at Plant Raisers in Isinya.
- Regular donations of sanitary pads.
- Donations of assorted reference, story books and furniture.