Kasuitu Primary School
Location: Athi River, Machakos County, Kenya.
Student’s population has grown from 30 students in 2010 to 400 in 2018
Amara decided to work with this school in order to provide quality education and food to the growing population of students from the nearby slums.
Amara’s input at this school includes:
- Introduced a feeding programme from September 2015
- Started a vegetable garden in 2017
- Constructed a kitchen in 2017
- Constructed 2 mabati classrooms in 2018
- Donations of solar lanterns, curriculum text & reference books, stationery, sanitary towels.
- Set up a systematic library in 2018