Mathatani Primary School
Location: Mua Hills, Mathatani location, Lukenya Zone, Machakos County, Kenya
The school started in 1980 by communities settling in the area after the sub-division of Lukenya region and it was the only school in the area. There was a population of 27 students in standard one with just one teacher.
Amara started working with this school in 2017
Amara decided to work with this school because there is potential for growth in student population.
The school has a population of 83 students as at 2023.
Amara’s input at this school includes:
- Construction of a kitchen
- Setting up a systematic library in February 2018 with a floor carpet and chairs
- Introduced feeding program since March 2018
- Provision of football uniforms and equipment
- Donation of sanitary towels and stationery
- Donation of assorted library books to start a school library in 2023