Katani Secondary School
Location: Mavoko Constituency, Athi River District, Machakos County, Kenya
The school started in 2010 with a population of 30 students. The current population in 2023 is 605 students. Amara started working with this school in 2017.
The Team decided to work with this school because they owned spacious grounds and had the potential for income generating projects such as kitchen gardens.
The school has proactive teachers and Board of Management.
Amara has assisted with:
- Construction of a kitchen
- A systematic library in May 2018
- Football uniforms and balls
- Sanitary towels and stationery
- Metal cabinets
- Amara constructed a boys' dormitory in April 2019
- Cultivating vegetable garden and planting fruit and shade trees
- Donated assorted library books and shelves in 2022