Katani Secondary School
Location: Mavoko Constituency, Athi River District, Machakos County, Kenya
The school was started in 2010 with a population of 30 students. The current population is 295 students Amara started working with this school in 2017. Team decided to work with this school because there is potential for growth in student population.
The school has proactive teachers and Board of Management.
Amara has assisted with:
- Construction of a kitchen
- A systematic library in May 2018
- Football uniforms and balls
- Sanitary towels and stationery
- Metal cabinets
- Amara constructed a boys' dormitory in April 2019
- Plans for 2019: Workshops in menstrual hygiene & making of re usable sanitary pads
- Cultivating vegetable garden & planting fruit & shade trees