Kyangoma Boarding Special School
Location: Kikima Town,Makueni County
Amara started working with this school in 2013. The Amara team was disturbed to see the girls use the Primary School classroom as their dormitory and there was lack of good hygiene, balanced meals and water.
The number of students has grown from 88 in 2013 to 137 in 2021.
Amara’s involvement with the school has been to:
- Construct and furnish 38 bed girls dormitory, multipurpose hall & kitchen (2013), pathway from dormitory to classrooms and kitchen area (2017) in partnership with Healthcare Direct (K) Ltd and CAREducation Trust
- Digging of a well in December 2016 and installed a pump in January 2017 kindly donated by Eng Anthony Wandu
- Medical care and physiotherapy throughout 2017 in partnership with Healthcare Direct (K) Ltd
- Vocational training for 8 students.
- Fun craft & play workshop for the children.
- Installation of playground equipment kindly donated by Petroleum Industrial Services
- Introduced a vegetable garden & fruit trees.