Ngwata primary school
Location: Mlolongo Township, Machakos
Amara started working with this school in 2015. We chose this school because the mabati classrooms had no floor, were overcrowded and poorly ventilated. We therefore, decided that the educational facility needed to be rebuilt and refurbished to allow the students to learn in proper learning environments.
Students numbers increased from 570 in 2015 to 1710 in 2018.
Amara provided the following:
- Construction of 6 new classrooms and a kitchen.
- Equipping classrooms with desks.
- Introduced a feeding programme in 2015.
- Provided piped water and installed a water tank.
- School has restricted land available for expansion, but County Development Fund (CDF) have built 8 classrooms on 2 floors and another block of 2 classes nearer gate.
- Amara set up a fully functional library in September 2018.