Kwa Kalusya Health Care-Centre
Location: Lukenya, Machakos County
Amara decided to build this Health Centre in 2012 due to the fact that there was no healthcare facility for the community within a radius of forty kilometers (40 KMs), making it a challenge for community residents to access healthcare.
The number of patients has increased over the years from 25 per day to about 70 per day.
Amara has provided the following:
- 3 consultation rooms with beds, 1 laboratory, 2 storerooms and 3 toilets with water storage facilities in partnership with Dr. Vasant Hardikar & Dr. Sulabha Hardikar
- Stationery and furniture (observation couches, desks and chairs).
- Various medical disposables.
- Blood pressure and diabetes measuring units.
- Amara intends to provide a nursing quarter in 2018.
- The Health Care Centre conducted a cervical cancer screening workshop in 2014.